COP28: Fueling the journey for the decarbonization of food and agricultureSign up to event
Join us at COP28 at the Denmark Pavilion: ‘Fueling the journey for the decarbonization of food and agriculture‘. At the side event, you will meet leading high-level profiles from the Danish and international agricultural and food scene.
The global agriculture and food sector, which contributes to roughly a third of greenhouse gas emissions, plays a crucial role in our climate challenge. During New York Climate Week, key stakeholders, including the COP28 Presidency, championed the “Declaration on Resilient Food Systems, Sustainable Agriculture, and Climate Action” under the banner of COP28, marking a determined stride towards aligning food systems with climate goals.
This isn’t merely a statement of intent; we are primed to share actionable strategies and tangible achievements. Pioneering examples abound, showcasing methods that redefine food production towards a healthier, greener, and more equitable future.
The event highlights innovative technology and methods transforming food production for a sustainable future. Supported by climate finance, it features best farming practices, focusing on turning commitments into action.
The side event is part of the AIM for Climate Roadshow at COP28. Read more about AIM for Climate here.
Moderator Lasse Bruun, United Nations Foundation
Opening remarks: Visions for a sustainable development
- Fatema Aref Almulla, Director of Partnerships & Special Department at Ministry of Climate Change and Environment, UAE (tbc)
- Ole Thonke, Undersecretary for Development Policy, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (tbc)
Panel discussion: Driving the change in sustainable Agri-Food Systems with key strategies and actions
- Ms. Loureen Akinyi Awuor, Chief of Staff & Head of Partnerships, Kenya National Farmers’ Federation
- Ms. Jo Puri, Associate Vice President for Strategy and Knowledge, The International Fund of Agricultural Development (IFAD)
- Diane Holdorf, Executive Vice President, Pathways, The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)(tbc)
Panel discussion: How do we cultivate agri-food systems for a changing climate? Sharing of best practices
- Neal Garnett, Chief Commercial Officer and a member of the Executive Board of DLL, DLL by the global Rabobank Group
- Hanne Søndergaard, EVP and Chief Agriculture and Sustainability Officer at Arla Foods
- Autumn Fox, Climate Sustainability Sr. Manager, Mars Incorporated
Danish contribution to global Agri-Food Transition: Insights from a new White Paper
- Niels Peter Nørring, Climate Director, Danish Agriculture and Food Council
You can also take part of the following exciting events during the Agriculture and Food day at the Denmark Pavilion:
|Time||Side events at the Denmark Pavillion, Blue zone on December 10th|
|12:15-13:15||Fueling the journey for the decarbonization of food and agriculture by Food Nation and State of Green|
|13:30-14:30||Pioneering Scope 3 Solutions for a Sustainable dairy future by Arla Foods|
|14:45-15:45||Brewing Protein Represents a Whole New Way to Address Food Security, Overfishing, Deforestation and Loss of Biodiversity by Unibio|
|16:00-17:00||Scaling carbon removals in agricultural soils by Agreena|