World Food Safety Day: Safer food, better health
Mark your calendar on Tuesday 7 June from 10.00 – 12.00, where the Danish Agriculture & Food Council and Food Nation mark Codex Alimentarius’ worldwide World Food Safety Day for the fourth time at an online event. The theme of the day will deal with both cooperation and food safety with a special focus on plant-based foods.
Danish food is known throughout the world for high food quality and safety. This is not least due to the strong collaboration between companies and authorities, which gives Danish food companies a unique opportunity to test, develop and innovate their products and solutions early in the development process. To constantly be at the forefront of global trends and demands, it is important to look ahead and focus on how the food sector can continue to contribute to healthy and safe food and sustainable development.
Plant-based foods are growing strongly worldwide, but how do you ensure that your new plant-based products live up to food safety standards and how do they fall into a whole new product category?
Sign up for this year’s World Food Safety Day by sending an email with name, title and company to the firstname.lastname@example.org marked with “World Food Safety Day” no later than Thursday 2 June and gain insight into the latest knowledge in cooperation and food safety by plant-based foods.
- 9.45 Check-in for virtual meeting
- 10.00: Welcome and practical information
Lise Walbom, Food Nation and Anna Høgberg, Danish Agriculture & Food Council
- Theme: Strengthened cooperation supports exports
We share experiences and knowledge about the importance of collaboration in a food safety context both locally and globally.
– Jens Munk Ebbesen, Area Director, Danish Agriculture & Food Council
– Troels Vensild, Office Manager for the Center for International Cooperation, The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration
– Lene Mølsted, Minister Counsellor Royal Danish Embassy Bangkok and Team Leader Southeast Asia
- Theme: Plant-based foods
We focus on the new plant-based foods in relation to food safety.
– Inger Olesen, Section Leader for Food Characterization & Safety, Danish Technological Institute
– Annette Perge, Senior Consultant, Feed and Food Safety, The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration
- 12.00 Thank you for today
You will receive a link to the webinar on June 3rd. The event will be held in Danish.