COP27: Steering the green transition in agriculture and food production
Join us at COP27 at the Danish Pavilion: ‘Steering the green transition in agriculture and food production – How innovative solutions can both ensure safe and nutritious food and be part of the solution to address the climate crisis’. At the side event, you will meet leading high-level profiles from the Danish and international agricultural and food scene.
Climate change, climate variability, and extremes are affecting agricultural productivity, food production, and natural resources, with huge impacts on food systems – especially on the African continent.
A transition to more sustainable food systems is needed to combat climate change effectively. The intersection between food systems and climate is clear, and there is a real need to connect the two.
Therefore, we must ensure efficient and sustainable food production where everyone, everywhere has regular access to enough nutritious food.
It is about joining forces enabling us to bring together the best of our joint expertise in supply chains and sustainable agriculture and deliver value to farmers, businesses, and the climate.
The side event is part of the AIM for Climate Roadshow at COP27. It will showcase how climate-smart agriculture and innovative solutions can empower agriculture and food production to be part of the solution to address the climate crisis and at the same time ensure a safe, nutritious, and reliable supply of food for all. Read more about AIM for Climate here.
Moderator Lise Walbom, CEO, Food Nation
Opening remarks: The importance of the green transition within the agriculture and food sector to meet the Sustainable Development Goals
- Tomas Anker Christensen, Danish Climate Ambassador
- Fatema Aref Almulla, Director of Partnerships & Special Department at Ministry of Climate Change and Environment, UAE
Panel discussion: The African journey towards food security by climate-friendly and sustainable solutions within agriculture and food production
- Theresa Wong, Regional Office for the Near East and North Africa at FAO
- Berry Marttin, President, EACB & Member of the Board at Rabobank
- Ndidi Okonkwo Nwuneli, Co-Founder and Executive Chair at Sahel Consulting
- Loureen Akinyi Awuor, Chief of Staff & Head of Partnerships, Kenya National Farmers’ Federation
- Morten Enggaard Rasmussen, EVP, Sustainability & Brand at Novozymes
- Hanne Søndergaard, EVP and Chief Agriculture and Sustainability Officer at Arla Foods
Lise Walbom, CEO, Food Nation
The side event is presented by:
In corporation with: